- 1kg clams in shell
- 1/4 cup salted or unsalted butter (your choice)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups milk
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalk of celery,chopped
- 1cup of chicken stock
- 2 medium size of crusty bread, put a hallow in the middle by removing some of
- the soft middle.
- 1 small can of sweet corn, drained
- Boil the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in the chicken stock till the vegetables soften.
- While you are waiting for the vegetables to cook, melt the butter in a slow heat then pour the milk in and the flour while whisking (avoid to make it boil) till it thickens.
- Put the clams in hot milk mixture in a low heat.
- Avoid to over cooked the clams and pour in the vegetables mixture with the chicken stock.add salt and pepper.
- To served, pour it in the crusty bread, add the corn kernels, more pepper if you like and put some celery leaves. Enjoy.
*you can add mushroom if you like some.
Recipe by: Mic’s Food Odyssey