- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 TBL worchestershire sauce
- 1 TBL Onion Powder
- 1 TBL Garlic Powder
- 1 TBL fennel seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 8 strips uncooked bacon
- In a large mixing bowl combine the egg, ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder, fennel seed and worchestershire sauce.Stir well to combine.
- Add the oats, roasted red pepper and parmesan cheese.Stir well to combine.
- Break the ground beef into chunks and add it to the bowl.
- With your hands combine all the ingredients until they’re well blended.
- Form 4 balls of the meat mixture and gently roll each ball into a football shape or the shape of a baking potato.
- Wrap each meatloaf in 2 strips of bacon with the ends tucked underneath.
- The bacon will seal itself on the grill.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- While the meatloaves are resting in the fridge, preheat the BBQ to 375F – 400F.
- This recipe cooks for about 40 minutes or an internal temperature of 165F.
- Place each meatloaf on the grill and close the lid.
- Every 10 minutes rotate each meatloaf 1/4 turn so the bacon gets fully cooked.
- When cooked, remove from the grill.