- 1lb salmon, cut into 4 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 2 tsp light miso
- 1 tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Mirin (Japanese rice cooking wine found in Asian
- Section of market)
- 4 dried medium size pieces of seaweed, rinsed and soaked in ½ cup hot water for 10 minutes (save water)
- 1 medium onion, cut in hair and sliced
- 3 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce salt and while pepper to taste
- Garnish with minced green onion.
- Preheat broiler with rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place a stainless steel or cash iron skillet big enough to hold salmon under heat to get very hot (about 10 minutes).
- Rinse and soak seaweed, saving the water.
- Slice onion and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Prepare glaze by mixing miso, Dijon mustard, and
- Mirin along with a pinch of while pepper. Generously
- Coat salmon with mixture and let set while preparing
- Rest of ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp seaweed water in a stainless steel skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan that was heating from broiler and
- Place salmon in it. Return to broiler and cook without
- Turning for about 3-5 minutes depending on thickness of
- Salmon, Top with saluted onion/mushroom mixture and Minced scallion.