- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh shrimp
- ground black pepper and salt
- 2 cups cooked rice with peas (peas are optional)
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- Feta for garnishing
- Warm up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté until onion begins to soften and become tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add balsamic vinegar; cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the balsamic onions from the skillet and add 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Season shrimps to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer cooked rice with peas, balsamic onions, and shrimp evenly among on a plate. Garnish with fresh green onions and feta.
Source: Primavera Kitchen