- 2 lbs beef round steak or boneless chuck
- 2 cups water
- 7 tbsp peanut or corn oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tbsp red hot chili paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cubed ripe tomatoes
- Place beef in water then bring to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard water, cool beef, and slice as thin as possible.
- Add beef slices and fry for 5 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Fry onions and garlic for 3 minutes then add chili paste, salt, and tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add beef and stir – fry for 5 minutes.