- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (13 oz) Kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal into coins
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ pound Rotini pasta
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the kielbasa, red pepper, and onion and saute until browned. Add garlic and tomatoes and saute 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, pasta, cayenne pepper (if using), and black pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to low, and simmer 12-15 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove cover and turn off heat.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Source: The Wanderlust Kitchen