- 4 Medium Fish steaks (or slices)
- 127 Grams Self raising flour
- 170 Millilitre Mlik
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion powder (ground – optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder (ground – optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry powder (mild)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chilli powder (mild)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (melted)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 300 Millilitre Oil (or according to the saucepan)
- In a food processor place flour, milk, butter, salt, ground garlic, ground onion, curry powder, chili powder, ground pepper, paprika and egg. blend it until well combined. Put it in to a large bowl. Note: If you are using plain flour add 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- While waiting wash the fish steak with cold running water and excess water with a gentle pat. Then dust little bit of flour on the fish steak both side to minimize any excess dampness. Now dip each side of the fish steak with prepared batter and set aside in a plate, repeat this process for all remaining fish steaks.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large sauce pan to medium level heat, when oil is hot add fish steaks in to the sauce pan and fry it for a about 3 minutes each sides. Fry until battered fish steaks get golden brown both sides.
- Serve hot with fresh salad, tomato sauce & lime wedges.