- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- ⅓ cup flavourful extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 2 large oranges, preferably organic
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
Glaze / Topping:
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 ½ oz stevia sweetened bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tsp mild olive oil (or almond oil)
- 1 packet vanilla flavoured stevia
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat to 350°F and line a 9” springform pan with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and ground almonds
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, oil, zest, vinegar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter. Bake for 43 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack.
- Sprinkle cake with 1 tbsp ground almonds and cool completely.
- When cool, sprinkle serving plate with remaining almonds and invert cake onto it. Set aside while preparing glaze.
- Glaze / Topping:
- Combine orange zest, orange juice concentrate and chocolate in a small saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- Stir in oil, flavoured stevia and salt.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit 15-20 minutes to thicken before use.
- Pour glaze over the cake and sprinkle generously with flaked almonds
Source: Yummy Smells