- 1 pound squid (pusit)
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pull out head, tentacles, innards and transparent ribs from the body of the squid.
- Cut off tentacles just above the eyes and discard innards and transparent ribs.
- Wash and drain bodies and tentacles.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, water, sugar and bay leaf. Marinate squids in this mixture for 1 hour. Drain. Save marinade
- Saute onions in hot oil.
- Add drained squids, saute until the juices evaporates (about 10-12 minutes).
- Strain marinade, add to sauteed squids.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.