- Tangra fish in medium size-10 pieces
- Mustard oil for frying-As required
- Fried vadi (Bori /Lentil Dumplings/Lentil fritters)-8-10 pieces.
- Mustard paste-1 tsp.
- Poppy seed paste-1 tsp.
- Yogurt-2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
- Kashmiri red chili powder-1/2 tsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Sugar -1 tsp.
- Black cumin seed-1/4 tsp.
- Onion slice-1 no.
- Garlic paste-1/2 tsp.
- Green chili slice-2 nos.
- Mustard oil-2 tbsp.
- First clean fishes. Mix with little bit of turmeric powder and salt.
- Take a kadai. Fry fishes in hot oil. Remove from heat.
- Use the remaining oil and put black cumin seed, when it is spluttering, add onion. And sauté for a minute.
- Then add garlic paste and mix well. The very next add turmeric powder, Red chili powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- In a small container make a mixture of poppy seed paste, mustard paste and yogurt. Pour it into the kadai where the masala is being cooked. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of water in it. When it starts to boil, put green chili slice, fried fish and fried Vadis. Cover it. Cook it for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and it is ready to serve.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
Source : Ume’s Kitchen