Thinking of adding a healthy twist to your next beef meal? Why not throw in a few sprouts of broccoli, enriched with savory oyster sauce? Used since the Roman Empire, broccoli, or Brassica oleracea is a delicious vegetable that is rich in Vitamin C and dietary fiber. Now this is a healthy dish even your kids won’t get enough of!
You can serve this on top of hot rice for lunch or dinner at home. So go on and try this easy Beef Broccoli recipe!
- 1 kilo beef, slice into strips
- 1/2 kilo broccoli, sliced
- 4 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 beef broth cube
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the brocolli for about 3 minutes, remove from water and set aside.
- Place beef in a casserole or pot then put salt and pepper.
- Boil the beef in 2 cups water until tender. Add water if necessary then remove from the broth and set aside.
- In a saucepan saute onion, garlic and the beef . Stir fry for a few seconds then add 1/2 cup of the broth.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and beef broth cube and stir cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the broccoli and stir cook for a few seconds then serve hot.