- 1 large catfish (hito); cut in pieces
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or 1 tablespoon salt)
- 1 root ginger; cut in 3 and crushed
- 1 head garlic; pounded
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (or olive oil)
- 1 fish bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspooon ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (optional for garnishing); sliced
- Wash and clean the fish removing all entrails.
- Cut into desired pieces and put in a cooking pot.
- Add garlic, vinegar, water, pepper, ginger, fish bouillon cubes and soy sauce.
- Cover pot and boil until little sauce is left.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Simmer and serve.
Source: My Filipino Recipes