- 2 kilos pork mesentery
- 1 pc carrot (peeled and cut to small sizes)
- 8 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- 2 tbsp salt
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Wash and rinse the masentery many times until the foul or bitter odor is reduced, if not totally eliminated.
- Arrange the pork mesentery in a large, heavy casserole and cover with enough water. Let the water boil on high heat.
- Scoop out all the scum that will appear on the surface during the initial boiling stage.
- When the broth is clear, adjust the heat to low and add all the ingredients and continue simmering until the meat is just tender.
- Remove the meat from the broth, let it cool, drain and slightly dry up. (You can wrap and freeze it if frying is to be done some other time.)
- To fry, heat enough oil in a large wok or deep frying pan. Slice the boiled meat to manageable sizes. With utmost care, deep fry the meat in batches.
- Flip them over if necessary to attain even cooking on two sides, golden brown and crisp.
- Remove excess oil from the cooked meat by properly draining it in paper towel.
- Arrange the “chicharon bulaklak” in serving platter along with your preferred dipping sauce.
Source: Kusina 101