- 2 lbs. ham hock (pata), sliced or whole
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole pepper corn
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- When oil becomes pan-fry the steaks hot salmon for one minute per side. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan with the remaining oil, saute the onion and ginger
- Sprinkle black pepper and then pour in the fish sauce. Pour-in water. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the chayote and chili finger. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fried salmon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Complement malunggay leaves. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve.