- 500g (around 1 pound) ribs, cut into one-bite pieces
- 1 thumb ginger
- small pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or rice wine
- 1 tablespoon Chines fermented black bean
- 2 garlic cloves
- Starch water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 fresh Thai red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion and coriander
- Rinse the ribs several times and soak in clean water for around 30 minutes. Transfer out and drain completely.
- Add ginger slices, Chinese cooking wine, sugar, and salt. Marinate the ribs in the fridge for around 3-4 hours.
- Slightly press the black beans and finely chop the garlic. Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water to make starch water. Pour the starch water onto the ribs. Mix well with black beans and garlic.
- Set up the steamer and steam for 40 minutes to 1 hours (based on your preferred texture). For rice cooker or high pressure cooker, cook a rice procedure.
- Transfer the ribs out and garnish with green onion and coriander before serving.