- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 100 g of dark chocolate
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 milk
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 250 g of butter
- Prepare 2 24 cm pans. Baking paper in the bottom and grease the sides with butter.
- Put flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and sieve the cocoa in a bowl. Mix it all together well.
- Melt the butter over low heat. Place butter, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and lime into the mixture and stir well. Boil the water and get it into the mix. Once everything is mixed well, chop the chocolate and put it in. Once everything is mixed well part the batter into the two cake pans.
- Bake at 150 degrees convection in 42-47 minutes. Cover them if necessary with foil for the first 30 minutes if your oven tends to burn the cake.
- When they are finished you take them out and let them cool for about an hour. Then you take them out of the pans and let them cool one hour in the refrigerator.
Method for the cream:
- The butter should be at room temperature. Place butter in a bowl and whisk for a minute. Get the seeds from a vanilla pod in, along with the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Beat at low speed. In with the milk. A delicious creamy butter cream is now ready for use.
A method for assembling of the cake:
- Take one cake and get a good knob of butter cream on top. Butter it out and put the other cake on top. Come butter cream on top and butter out. Then get in on the cake all around. Use the remaining butter cream to make a little decoration on top.
- The cake is now ready to be served!
Source: One Kitchen – A Thousand Ideas