- ¼ lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 8-oz. pkg. broad egg noodles (see *gluten-free option above)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2½ cups spaghetti sauce
Note: If you wish, and your diet permits, add 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning, or 1½ tsp. dried basil and 1½ tsp. dried oregano, to step 3 of preparations.
- Brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet and set it aside.
- Cook noodles and drain. Toss the noodles with cheeses.
- Mix together browned beef and spaghetti sauce.
- Spoon one-third of meat sauce in bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer in half of noodles. Repeat layers.
- Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Grab your fork and enjoy!
Source: Becky Cooks Lightly