- 4 sliced zucchini
- 2 halved, sliced onions
- 2 tomatoes, cut into ½ inch wedges
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 sliced eggplant, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Layer half the onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, bell peppers, and tomatoes in the crockpot, in that order.
- Sprinkle half the oregano, basil, sugar, salt, pepper, and parsley over them, as well as the red pepper if using.
- Dot half the tomato paste on top.
- Repeat the layering and drizzle with oil.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Serve hot as an entrée or side dish, perhaps with parmesan flakes.
- Refrigerate for a few days or freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Source : Amazing Soup Recipes