- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, honey and ground ginger. Heat to a boil.
- meanwhile, whisk the water and corn starch together then slowly whisk into the sauce. Allow the sauce to continue cooking at a soft boil for 1-3 minutes or until thick. Set aside
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Allow to rest on a plate for 2 minutes and cut into slices. Serve over rice with sauce.
Source: Oh Sweet Basil