- 1 kilo pork belly rasher
- 2-3 pcs. star anise
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 2-3 pcs.bay leaf
- Chinese five spice powder
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot place the pork and add water to cover the meat up to about 1”.
- Add the star anise, garlic, bay leaf and about 1 tbsp. of salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until just tender. Remove from pot drain and let cool down.
- Using a fork prick the pork skin all the way down to the meat layer. The skin should be pricked as close as possible.
- Rub the skin with salt, then the meat and sides rub with mixture off Chinese five spice powder and pepper powder.
- Arrange the pork in a baking tray or aluminium tray, skin side up and enough space between the pork rashers.
- Let marinate with the salt and Chinese five spice rub for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 250°C when the oven is hot place the baking tray at the center.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes. Check periodically if is the skin changes color suddenly, reduce the oven temperature to 200°C. Let it roast till the pork skin is blistered and turned to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest the meat for at least 8 to 10 minutes. When ready to serve chop in into serving pieces with your favourite dipping sauce.