- paco tops / fiddle-head ferns
- sliced shallots or onions
- sliced tomatoes
- salted egg (itlog na pula)
- vinegar (preferably apple cider)
- orange zest
- kesong puti (carabao’s milk cheese)
- fish sauce
- hot water
- ice cubes
- Submerge fiddle-head fern into the hot (boiling) water for about a minute.
- Transfer the fern in a cold water with ice cubes to stop from being cook.
- Remove the fern from the water and drain it thoroughly.
- From a separate bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and fish sauce to make a vinaigrette.
- Combine the fern with sliced shallots and tomatoes.
- Toss it with vinaigrette.
- Squeeze with some kalamansi.
- Then top with sliced salted-egg and kesong puti.
- Lastly, designed and scattered the orange zest.
Source: Mga Pagkaing Filipino