- 500 grms skinless, boneless, firm white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp lard or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cut the fish into strips. Rub a little salt over the fish to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the lard in a wok or large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the fish and stir-fry, in batches, until golden brown. Remove to a plate once cooked.
- Heat the remaining lard over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, then add the onion and tomato and season with salt, to taste.
- Cook until the tomato is soft and pulpy, then add 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) water and simmer for 3–5 minutes.
- Return the fish to the wok, then remove from the heat and add the egg, stirring to combine and heat through until the egg is set. Serve hot.
Source: Mang Dagul’s Kusina 101