- 2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2 inch diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Place carrots, water and 2 tablespoons of the butter in skillet on medium heat. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until carrots are slightly tender. Add brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, ginger, nutmeg and salt to the skillet.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently to glaze carrots. Sprinkle with parsley, just before serving.
Source: Kitchen Dreaming