- 10 pcs ripe saba or ripe plantain, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 250 grams ripe langka, seeds removed
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mantecado ice cream
- Combine brown sugar and water in a pan and bring to boil until sugar dissolves. Add the sliced bananas and langka, turn the heat on low
and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Simmer until the syrup becomes thick and light then turn the heat off.
- Stir in vanilla essence and let it cool.
- Serve with Mantecado Ice Cream.