- 2 pieces fish (about half a pound each), cleaned and scales removed
- 1 knob ginger, sliced and pounded
- 6 cloves garlic, skin removed
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small bitter gourd, chopped (optional)
- 3 pieces finger chili
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Heat a pan and cooking pot then pour-in vinegar and water.
- Add salt and whole peppercorn then stir. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish in the pan along with the ginger, garlic, onion, bitter gourd, and finger chili. Cover and simmer in low to medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
- Note: You may substitute salt with ¾ to 1 tablespoon fish sauce.