- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground cereal Cocoa Pebbles, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling:
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa Pebbles, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or use ungreased whoopie pie pans.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, ground cereal and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of electric mixer, beat shortening on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons into the wells of the whoopie pie pan or 2½ inches apart onto cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare filling. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and powdered sugar until combined. Refrigerate until ready to assemble cookies.
- Evenly distribute the filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Roll sides of cookies in lightly crushed cocoa pebbles.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Source : Marilyn’s Treats