Deep fried liempo is delicious, but restaurants offer them in such a high price. Well, tuck your big bills back into your wallets because get ready for the cheap and healthier version of Pinalagtob na Liempo.
Gasp. Healthier? Yes! No need for the long soaks in bottles of soft drinks and even different types of sauces because all you need are herbs and a table spoon of fish sauce. Garlic, bay leaves, leek, you’ll be growing your own herb farm because that’s how healthy this dish is. So, you don’t need to feel guilty about eating something deep fried. Sit back and indulge. Try this recipe now!
- 2 kls. For liempo
- 1 thumb- size ginger
- 1 head garlic
- 2 stalks leeks
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce ( patis )
- Cooking oil, for the deep – frying
- Water for boiling
- Place the pork liempo in a pot. Fill with water. Add the ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Allow to boil until the liempo becomes soft.
- Hang the pork liempo to dry.
- When dry, deep- fry in cooking oil until crisp.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Chop into smaller pieces before serving.