- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup flour (GF flour will work too)
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup almonds (or any other nut)
- ¼ cup cashews (or any other nut)
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin butter + 6 tbsp. pumpkin butter (recipe here)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Chop up the nuts in a food processor.
- Mix the oats, flour, wheat germ, almonds, cashews, pepitas, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat an egg and mix together the egg, honey, and 2 tbsp. of pumpkin butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Put about 2/3 of the mixture in a greased 8×8 baking pan and press down. Spread the remaining 6 tbsp. of pumpkin butter on top of the mixture, then place the remaining 1/3 of the mixture in an even layer on top.
- Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool, slice into bars or squares, and enjoy!
Source : After Dinner Dance