- 1 serving linguine
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1/4 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Fry the bacon in a pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan but reserving about 1 tablespoons worth.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and pepper and saute until just cooked.
- Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and parmigiano reggiano in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.
Source: Closet Cookin