- 2 cups dried anchovies (dilis)
- 2 tablespoons banana ketchup
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, deep-fry the dried anchovies for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Turn-off heat and remove the fried anchovies from the cooking pot. Set aside.
- Combine fried anchovies, ketchup, and hot chili sauce then mix well.
- Add brown sugar and mix until all the anchovies are coated.
- Heat the same cooking pot with the remaining cooking oil and fry the coated anchovies for 2 minutes or until the texture becomes crunchy but not burnt.
- Remove the anchovies and transfer to a serving plate.