- 1 medium size patola (luffa or sponge gourd), peeled and sliced
- 1 small pack of misua (thin flour noodles)
- 1 cup mock chicken julienne
- ½ cup dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced (optional)
- ¼ head garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomato, chopped
- 3 Tbsp vegan fish sauce
- 2 ½ cup of water (add more if needed)
- 1 vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp ground black peppercorns
- Malunggay leaves (Moringa) (optional)
- In a sauce pan, sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until fragrant.
- Add patola and dried shiitake mushrooms and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Add vegan fish sauce and stir. Add water let boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add misua, continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just cook, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt (if needed) and ground black peppercorns. Add mock chicken julienne and malunggay leaves. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with ground black pepper.
- Serve with steam rice.
- Makes 2 servings
Source : Vegan Pinoy