- 1-1/2 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 1-1/2 cup white rice
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 young chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 kg. pork, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tbsp. garlic, macerated
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 6 potatoes, quartered and fried
- 1 small can sweet peas
- 1 red-sweet pepper, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Boil the malagkit-rice mixture, salt, and coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Stir once in a while to prevent burning.
- Fry the chicken-pork pieces in hot oil; set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, and add tomato sauce.
- Add the fried meat and simmer until tender.
- Add the rice mixture; blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with hard-boiled eggs and strips of parsley. Good for 12 persons.
Source: Panlasang Pinoy Meat Recipes