- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 11/2 cups coconut cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted. Chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup raisins
- Melt margarine in large frying pan. Add onion.
- Stir over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until onion is solt.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon. Cardamom, cloves, and turmeric. Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add rice. Stir over medium heat for another minute.
- Add coconut cream and water, then bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Add nuts and raisins, Stir pilaf with fork before serving.