- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 tbsp kasubha turmeric, as needed
- 5 heads garlic, crushed and minced
- 3 large onions, peeled and finelly chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, crushed and julienned
- 1 piece medium-size onion, chopped
- 1/2 chicken, any part, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 kilo beef tripe / goto, boiled
- 150 grams shiitake mushroom, boiled and sliced
- 3-5 eggs, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 piece chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup malagkit or glutinous rice
- 5 stalks spring onion, minced (for garnishing)
- 2 stalks leeks, sliced vertically the white part
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and toasted (for garnishing)
- Wash the malagkit or glutinous rice with running water and drain. Set aside. Heat a large heavy pot/pan. Swirl in cooking oil, kasubha and turmeric, then saute the ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Cook until aromatic. Add the sliced beef tripe or goto, chicken, shiitake mushroom. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the malagkit or the glutinous rice. Stirring constantly.
- Then add about 1 liter of beef tripe broth. Put in chicken bouillon cube.
- Bring to boil until malagkit is cooked, stirring frequently, and scraping the ingredients at the bottom of the pan.
- Taste and season with fish sauce, ground pepper, and salt.
- Garnish with eggs, spring onion, leeks, toasted garlic.