- 4 cups Green Papaya
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup Carrots, cut in rounds or in flowerlike decorative rounds
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-size Ginger, cut in small strips
- 1/4 cup Raisins (optional)
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt or Rock salt
- Shred the papaya using a fine shredder or a food processor with a shredding disk. Sprinkle with salt, mix and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil the vinegar and sugar together, then set aside.
- Wring out the liquid from the papaya, then add all the other ingredients.
- Pour the vinegar/sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pack in sterilized or clean containers and keep refrigerated.