- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced pork
- 5 cup dried black-eyed beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups himbabao
- Heat water. As soon as it boils, add beans and cook 2 minutes.
- Set aside for 1 hour. Sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes and pork.
- Add beans including broth.
- Boil, then simmer until almost soft. Season with salt cook 4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil once more and add himbabao flowers.
- Cook 7 minutes longer. Serve hot. Six servings.
H/T: Filipino Food