- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small white onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and stems removed
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and butter in a large, heavy, skillet.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken to the pan after butter has melted and is hot and bubbly.
- Sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan and place in a baking dish, set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and butter to the skillet.
- Add onions and cook until soft and lightly caramelized, 3-4 minutes.
- Add blueberries and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, oregano and remaining salt and pepper.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, until blueberries have softened.
- Pour the blueberry balsamic mixture over chicken and put baking dish in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Chicken should no longer be pink in the middle and reach an internal temp of 165°F.
Source: Pure Grace Farms