- 1 whole approx. 1 kilo chicken
- 1 tsp Dark mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- ½ tsp Japanese soy sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 5 pcs Star Anise
- 50 grms Mirepoix
- 1 cup White sugar
- 50 grms Cornstarch
- 1 liter Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 5 pcs Black pepper (whole)
- 1 pc Bay leaf
- .Have ready deep stock pot. Pour water, Kikkoman, dark mushroom soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, star anise, mirepoix, white sugar, salt, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken, simmer for 1 hour, remove from stock pot, then hang and drain until the water completely drains out.
- Have ready fat heated oil then deep fry the chicken until crispy.
- Caramelize the sugar. The remaining peking stock may be added, then thicken with cornstarch.