- 2-3 Lbs Beef shanks (about two medium pieces)
- 3-4 Bunches of Bok choy (trimmed/cut and rinse thoroughly)
- 1 Tbs. Whole black peppercorns
- 2 Tbs. Patis (fish sauce)
- 1 large onion
- 3 Medium potatoes (halves)
- 2-3 Corn on the cob (halves)
- 12 cups water
- Calamansi for dipping sauce
- Rinse beef shanks before cooking. Bring water to a boil and then add beef shanks.
- Bring water back to a boil and then skim off any scum that rises while the water starts to boil.
- After skimming off the scum, you can go ahead and add the onions, peppercorns, and patis (fish sauce).
- Let it cook for ten minutes, then add the corn, and bring it back to a boil. At this time, it should cook for twenty minutes.
- After 20 minutes, you can go ahead and add the potatoes and let it cook for ten minutes.
- Then go ahead and add the bokchoy.
- Cook the bokchoy for 2 minutes and remove the pot from the heat.
- That is it, you’re done!
Source : Filipino Food Lovers