- 2 lbs chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- red crashed pepper (optional)
- basil and Parmesan cheese / parsley and feta cheese (garnish)
- Combine chicken, salt, pepper, and onion and marinate overnight.
- After marinating, saute the chicken in olive oil.
- Cook for twenty minutes with the lid covered.
- Slice onions vertically and chop garlic. Wash mushrooms and slice them as well. Add these to the meat and saute.
- Add the marinara sauce and red wine. You can add a teaspoon of flour or cornstarch if the sauce is too runny.
- Cook for five more minutes and serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese or parsley and feta cheese.
Source: Home Archives