- 2 pcs Chicken cubes
- 1 pack kare-kare mix, dissolved in 2 cups water
- 1 pc whole chicken, chopped into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons annato oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 cups puso ng saging( banana bud), cut into 2-inch length
- 2 cups sitaw (string beans) , cut into 2-inch length
- 2 cups talong (eggplant), cut into 2-inch length
- 1/4 cup rice, toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup grated mature coconut(niyog), toasted until light brown
- Heat the annato oil and brown chicken pieces on all sides.
- Then add in onions and garlic and saute.
- Pour in prepared kare-kare mix and chicken cubes for that authentic flavor of kare-kare made better with the delicious taste of real chicken.
- Simmer mixture before adding ground toasted rice and vegetables. Heat mixture and stir occasionally until vegetables are done.
- Turn off the heat, ladle on bowl and top with grated coconut.
Source: Filipino Food