- 4 chicken breast, or boneless thighs (you would need a few more than 4).
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pack bacon bits, or few chopped rashes of bacon
- -1 can of sweet corn
- -1 plantain /banana
- Salt the chicken and sprinkle some black pepper and paprika. Roll and dust the chicken in the flour.
- Put a thick bottom frying pan on the stove, medium heat. Once the pan has warmed up, you can add the oil, wait for the oil to warm up and you can start frying your chicken; not too many pieces at once as the oil will loose its heat to fast and the chicken won’t cook nice and crisp.
- Work on the gravyTake another thick bottom pan, slowly bring up the heat to medium. Add some oil, not too much, and add the bacon bits or the chopped rashes.
- Fry the bacon and add the sliced onion, once the onions are glazy you can add the garlic. Give it all another quick fry and add the stock, milk and sweet corn. Bring it to the boil and turn it to a simmer until it reduces a bit.
- When the last bit of chicken is cooked, you can fry the plantain or banana.
- Combine the chicken with the gravy, add the banana. Ideally this dish is served with a helping of mashed potatoes, and some basic veg like carrots and peas.
Source : My Munchies NL