- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (breasts and/or thighs)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounce can mix vegetables, drained or 1-1/2 to 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- fluffy biscuits
- Measure your chicken and get your vegetables ready.
- Add chicken broth to large skillet. Bring to simmer. If you are using frozen vegetables add them now and cook until veggies are as tender as you like.
- While the veggies are simmering melt butter in a small skillet. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk into simmering broth and veggies (or just broth if you haven’t added your veggies yet.)
- If you are using the canned veggies add them and the chicken now. If your dish isn’t quite creamy you can do a few things. You can either simmer some of the liquid off, add some instant potatoes, or make a cornstarch slurry of 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with cold water, drizzle in the pot (while stirring) until it is as thick as you like.
- Serve up a heaping helping of creamed chicken on your biscuits or on the side.
Source: In the Kitchen with Jenny