- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Annato Seeds (Atsuete)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Peanut Sauce (Ground Peanuts)
- 4 pcs Sting Beans (Sitaw), sliced and blanched
- 4 pcs Pechay, sliced and blanched
- 2 pcs Eggplant, sliced and blanched
- Heat water until it boils. Add annato seeds and peanut sauce (others use creamy peanut butter) then stir until completely mixed.
- Add String Beans, Pechay, and Eggplant.
- Top kare-kare sauce with freshly cooked crispy Bagnet (see easy recipe here: Ilocos Bagnet Recipe).
- Serve with your favorite Bagoong.