Have you ever cooked delicious Fried Chicken and realized you don’t know how to make delicious Gravy to match it? I know many would agree that Fried Chicken is just not complete without Gravy! While there are several instant Gravy mixes in the market, it is still an advantage if you know how to make delicious authentic Gravy.
This recipe is not just any ordinary Gravy, it’s actual KFC-style, made to match that perfect blend we taste in the restaurant. Find the ingredients and the right mixture in this easy-to-do recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 piece chicken cube or 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 1 piece beef cube or 2 teaspoons beef powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Dilute the beef and chicken cubes in water.
- Heat a saucepan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt under low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. There is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied. Be extra cautious.
- Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
- Gradually add the chicken and beef broth (the result of procedure 1) while stirring. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming.
- Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
- Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
- Share and enjoy!
For fried chicken recipe, click here: Homemade KFC Style Fried Chicken Recipe