- 500 g beef sirloin tapa cut, slice into 1 cm strips against the grain
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 2-4 cups water
- garlic rice, to serve
- sunny side up egg, to serve
- tomato wedges, to serve
- Boil together beef, sugar, garlic powder, pepper, oil and water.
- Boil until beef is tender and easily pulls apart.
- Once tender, drain from liquid and flake/ shred the meat. Leave the liquid in the same pan.
- After shredding meat, put back in liquid and continue cooking until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off fire and set aside.
- Put rice on plate, top with shredded beef.
- Serve with fried egg and tomato wedge on the side.