- 1 Pork Tenderloin, rinsed, trimmed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 Head Roasted Garlic
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. Fontina Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach, washed
- 1 T olive oil
For the glaze:
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 2 T Honey
- Carefully cut the pork lengthwise, but do cut all the way through, you want to be able to open it like a book. Place the pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and using a meat mallet, rolling pin or just a heavy flat pan, pound the meat to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Trim off the pointy end. Season with salt and pepper. PoundedIn a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and the spinach, cook and stir until wilted, about 3-4 minutes,
- Place the spinach onto some paper towels to cool and drain. In a small bowl, mash up the roasted garlic, add the cheeses and spinach and mix well.
- Spread the filling to within 1/2″ of the edges of the pork. Carefully roll up the pork and tie with kitchen twine. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Brush with some olive oil, if desired. TrussesPreheat the grill to 375 F. Place the pork on the grill and cook for about 30 minutes, until an instant read thermometer measures 155-160 F.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients, brush on the pork and grill covered for another 5-7 minutes until the pork is well browned.
- Remove the pork from the grill and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 15-20 minutes. Cut the string off the pork and slice.
Source: Vermont Cookie