- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- green onions for garnishing
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato.
- While the sweet potato is cooking preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the oven to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with green onions.
Source: Primavera Kitchen