- 2 lbs. pork, sliced into small pieces
- 10 pieces dried red chili
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup canola or peanut oil
- In a large bowl, combine pork, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Mix well and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, let’s start to make the sauce by combining the vinegar, sugar, cooking wine, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, sesame oil, and water. Stir to mix the ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry the marinated pork until the color turns light to medium brown. Remove the pork from the pot and put in a plate lined with paper towel. The paper towel will absorb the oil.
- In a wide pan or wok, re-use 3 tablespoons of cooking by heating it up. Saute the bell pepper, zucchini, ginger, and garlic.
- Add the fried pork, peanuts, and chili. Continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Pour-in the sauce. Stir fry to distribute the ingredients. Continue to cook until the texture becomes thick.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!