Maja Blanca is the Philippine version of pudding. Many Filipinos grew up with the new and improved version of Maja Blanca which includes milk and corn. This soft and milky dessert has been an all-time favorite in fiestas and even in Noche Buenas.
The ingredients are relatively easy to find so you won’t have a problem in having the ingredients for this delicious dessert. And as for the cooking process itself, you don’t have to worry too. All you need is a pair of hands for the stirring you’ll do for a few minutes and fridge to help it cool down. Experience a native dessert with this recipe now!
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
- 5 tbsp toasted grated coconut
- Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for 8 minutes
- Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted
- Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula
- Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Garnish with toasted grated coconut (or latik if available)
- Serve cold. Share and enjoy